LEARN conference overview
Capture 3D’s Measurement Innovation Conference and 3D Expo occurred August 21st – 23rd, 2012 in Costa Mesa, California. We received many compliments on the caliber of our attendees and their metrology knowledge and passion. Being able to network and collaborate with like-minded professionals who share similar responsibilities and goals is essential. We appreciate everyone who participated in helping make our event a success!
- “All speakers were very good and it was very educational and class was excellent.”
- "Found it extremely informative and educational. Thank you."
- “This event was truly amazing, thanks to the dedication, focus, and determination by everyone involved from Capture 3D.”
- “Very well done, professional, and informative.”
- “It was great to see the use of the tool. Thank you for the invitation and I had a great time.”
- "I found it very useful and learned some tricks and different methods for 3D scanning and photogrammetry.”
- "Enjoyed every minute of it. Thank you for the invitation."
- “You always give one of the best conferences in the industry.”
We would also like to thank our keynote and guest speakers again for sharing their accomplishing stories on how their companies are leading the innovative path for improving processes with Capture 3D solutions. We appreciate the efforts from Chrysler and Nissan engineering teams for bringing displays and vehicles helping make our event truly memorable. If you are interested in obtaining copies of the available presentations, please email email@example.com.
- Alcoa Howmet Castings- ATOS Gage R&R Study of Investment-Cast Turbine Components for the Propulsion and IGT Industries
- Boeing- Solving Production Risks with Optical Metrology for Aircraft Modifications
- Capture 3D- Improving and Optimizing Processes with Automation
- Capture 3D - Measurement Innovation in Today's World for the Growing Future
- Chrysler Design- Product Development Through Digital Design
- Chrysler Tech Center- 3D Scanning and Inspection for Die Construction
- GOM- 3D Metrology Technical Developments
- Mann+Hummel- Improving Throughput & Productivity with Automation and the Virtual Measuring Room
- Motorola- New Directions in CAV Analysis to Improve the RP Process-The Search for the Golden Part
- NASA- Space Shuttle: Thirty Years of Flight, Thirty Years of Lessons Learned
- Nissan- Frugal Innovation: Nissan’s cost-effective solution to attain top-level BIW quality
- North American Eagle- Attempting to Break the Land Speed Record Utilizing Photogrammetry & 3D Scanning for Crucial CFD Analysis
- Pratt & Whitney- Rapid Deployment & Other Interesting Things
- Shape Fidelity- Resurrecting the F-1 – 3D Scanning to Digitally Capture the Saturn V Main Engine
- Trilion- Optical Full-Field 3D Deformation & Material Testing Analysis
Like us on Facebook! View photos from the event, gain access to instant news, and more - http://www.facebook.com/Capture3d.
See you in 2014!
Time flies! Read the latest updates on the event here- http://capture3d.com/3Dconference/2012update.html.
The need to optimize manufacturing methods are driving companies to advance to accurate and fast non-contact optical 3D measurement solutions to conquer today's and tomorrow's challenges. This educational conference focuses on how companies are improving their design, production, manufacturing, and maintenance processes with optical and structured light measurement technology. Capture 3D is thrilled to be celebrating our 5th biennium conference. This special event is geared for engineers, managers, and executives to learn, discover, assimilate, interact, and collaborate. Register today to participate in this exciting event.
With over 200 guests in 2010, we have expanded the program and added an optional day of GOM Inspect training. GOM Inspect is a free point cloud editing and inspection software that can be utilized with various types of measuring systems (i.e. structured light, laser scanner, CT, etc...). It has the same guided user interface as ATOS and GOM Professional software packages. This course will cover importing point cloud data to full dimensional part and component analysis. It is a great refresher for current customers and a stimulating course for newcomers.
The technical conference and guest speaker seminar will address 3D measurement applications applicable to various industries for optimizing quality control, inspection, reverse engineering, CFD/FEA analysis, automation, rapid manufacturing, root cause analysis, and more. The 3D Solutions Expo will showcase the latest innovative 3D measurement equipment and software live.
Past guest speakers include:
Alcoa Howmet Castings, American Challenge, BMW, Boeing, Capstone Turbine, Ford, Gentle Giant Studios, Honda, Honeywell,
Mann+Hummel, Motorola, NASA, Penske, Pratt & Whitney, Pridgeon & Clay, Roush, Solar Turbines, and Walt Disney Imagineering.
John Wayne/Orange County airport (code: SNA) is approximately 3.3 miles from the Hilton Hotel in Costa Mesa, California. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport every half hour on the hour. Please forward your flight itineraries to Tiffany Ortega at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will organize schedules with the hotel.
3050 Bristol Street
Costa Mesa, California 92626
Self-parking is complimentary for all Capture 3D conference attendees. Please mention you are with the Capture 3D group and the fees will be waived. Valet parking is $28.
Capture 3D has a limited block of rooms at the Hilton Costa Mesa for $139/night which includes free self-parking and in-room internet. This rate is subject to availability and expires Monday, August 6, 2012. To book, use group code: CAP3D - http://www.hilton.com.
Space is limited. We encourage you to register today. For more information, please contact email@example.com or (714) 546-7278 x307.